Part of my Stitching the Stash Fabric Stash Challenge: Round I, this dress was made using Vogue V9311 and a beautiful Hawaiian print rayon challis from Hawaii Fabric Mart. I used French seams everywhere since my overlock is still out of commission except the armhole which I finished using a zig-zag stitch. I hate using French seams with inseam pockets because it can get a bit tricky to keep the silhouette line correct, but I made do.
The only adjustments I made to the pattern were to lengthen the skirt by 3½” and the sleeves by an inch. I made the modifications while cutting out the dress and did not make the changes to the actual pattern itself. I chose not to lengthen the bodice because I like the way it looked as it was. I wanted more exaggerated looking sleeves like those depicted in the illustration on the pattern, but I didn’t care enough to make the modification. This is the only negative I can find about the design: it isn’t quite the same as the envelope illustration.
I would make this dress again, maybe in a rich deep green or purple (or both!). It’s easy to sew and extremely comfortable to wear. I cut a size 12. Go here for the full pattern review.
I’m beginning work on the next fabric in the stash: the Burgundy Faux Snake Skin woven. Excited to see this one coming together and can’t wait to share with you soon!